No smoking day
This No smoking day we want to highlight the affects smoking has on fire safety. Smoking is one of the most common cause of fire deaths in the home! And as you will already know it is terrible for your health. Putting measures in place can defiantly reduce the risk of dangers but our simple and maybe not so easy advice to you is, quit all together and this will significantly reduced your chances of drying in a house fire.
Fire safety and smoking facts
- Cigarettes burn at 700°c.
- Tobacco is designed to remain alight.
- More people die in fires caused by smoking then any other source.
- 106,000 people in the UK die every year due to the effects of smoking.
Whether you are ready to quit smoking or not this no smoking day, it is vitally important for you to follow our simple tips to prevent a fire being caused by your cigarettes.
Smoking fire safety tips
- Use a suitably sturdy ashtray that won’t easier tip over
- Use a ashtray made of material that wont burn
- Do not smoke in bed! Be extra careful when you are tired its easy to fall asleep whilst your cigarette is still burning, this can set furniture alight
- Do not leave lit cigarettes unattended as they can easily overbalance as they burn down
- Avoid alcohol and drugs when smoking. You can easily loose your concentration when under the influence this combined with a lit cigarette can be lethal
Switching to e-cigarettes
A common way to stopping smoking is switching to e-cigarettes / vaping, with people having different views on how this can affect your health we want to focus on how safe they are. Follow our simple steps to ensure you make your vaping as safe as possible.
- Ensure you purchase your equipment from a reputable source
- Report to trading stands if you have any concerns about the safety of e-cigarettes being sold locally
- Don’t leave items on charge unattended for a long period of time.
- Only use the correct charger and follow the manufacturers instructions
- Never charge a battery that has been damaged dropped or struck
- Don’t use if it is wet
- Never plug a charger into a non-approved mains power transformer
- Don’t overtighten the atomiser when connecting it to the charger.
- Don’t mix components from different e-cigarettes.
If you need anymore help and advice then contact us today.