Keeping Sparklers Safe For Little Ones: Top Tips
Bonfire night celebrations will continue across two weekends this year! Whilst that may be bad news for some pets at home, it does mean DOUBLE the amount of Firework displays and extra chances for children to get the sparklers out.
Parents around Britain will be stood outside on their drives, gardens or at displays with their little ones swinging a sparkler around. But whilst they are a lot of fun for little ones they burn at fierce temperatures, equivalent to a welding torch. So, follow these top tips for sparkler safety and keep your children safe this Autumn:
Sparkler Safety Tips For Young Children:
1. It is recommended that sparklers are not given to under-5s! So, get the bubble wands out instead for extra little, little ones.
2. Make sure everyone handling sparklers wears gloves (there’s no excuses for this one, it is glove season).
3. Hold sparklers at arm’s length while being lit and light them one at a time!
4. Don’t wave sparklers about close to other people. Keep an extra eye on brothers and sisters!
5. When the sparkler has finished put it in a bucket of cold water…or the ice bucket chilling your Prosecco. Either way, make sure your sparklers are extinguished properly!
Whilst the days are drawing ever shorter and the odds of feeling some sunshine this Autumn seem stacked against us. Bonfire night is the last reason for 2019 to get out in your garden or out walking in the crisp air, before we all end up stuck in shopping centers Christmas Shopping! So, make the most of it!
Have a great and safe Bonfire night weekend from all at MAGG Group Ltd.