First Aid Training
At MAGG we take all safety at work seriously, not just fire safety. With that in mind we have created a comprehensive First Aid training program which not only complies with the Health & Safety (First Aid) regulations but gives you and your staff confidence to deal with any incidents which may occur.
Giving both the ability and knowledge to deal with first aid emergencies, it meets the standards required to comply with Health and Safety (First aid) regulations.
Our First Aid Training includes the following elements:
- Identify the role and responsibilities of a First Aider.
- Describe how to minimise the risk of infection to self and others.
- Identify the need for establishing consent to provide First Aid.
- Complete an accident report form.
- Identify the First Aid equipment that should be available in a workplace.
- Describe the safe use of First Aid equipment.
- Conduct a scene survey.
- Conduct a primary survey of a casualty.
- Give examples of when to call for help.
- Assess a casualty’s level of consciousness.
- Open a casualty’s airway and check breathing.
- Explain why it is important to place an unconscious casualty into the recovery position.
- Place an unresponsive casualty in the recovery position.
- Manage a casualty who is in seizure.
- Recognise the need to commence Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation.
- Demonstrate Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation using a manikin.
- Describe how to identify a casualty with a
- Partially blocked airway
- Completely blocked airway
- Administer First Aid to a casualty who is choking.
- Identify the types of external bleeding.
- Control external bleeding.
- Recognise shock.
- Administer First Aid to a casualty who is in shock.
- Administer First Aid to a casualty with small cuts, grazes and bruises.
- Administer First Aid to a casualty with minor burns and scalds.
- Administer First Aid to a casualty with small splinters.
- Identify the information to be collected when gathering a casualty history.
- Conduct a head to toe survey.
- Skull fracture
- Cerebral compression
- Spinal injury
We deliver our outstanding First Aid Training course to businesses in Staffordshire, Shropshire, The West Midlands and Wales. We cover Birmingham, Telford, Cannock, Wolverhampton, Stafford, Walsall, Stoke and the wider area.
To experience how our award winning training courses can help keep you, your team and your business Health & Fire Safe, call us on 0800 802 1888 or request a callback from one of our experienced members of staff.