Fire Marshal Training Birmingham
Our Fire Marshal training will make the vital difference in the event of fire. It offers extra confidence to appointed Fire Marshals and assists the fire brigade in their duties. Fire Marshal training for appointed staff is also a legal requirement under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) order 2005 .
Here at MAGG we can deliver our bespoke Fire Marshal training not only in our local areas of Staffordshire, Shropshire, Birmingham and West Midlands but also nationwide. Our fully accredited Fire Marshal course is provided at a place, time and date to suit your needs and will be tailored to suit the unique aspects of your business.
Fire Marshal training includes the following elements:
- Relevant legislation.
- The effect of fire on companies
- The chemistry of fire
- Causes of fire
- Fire protection including means of escape
- The role of the Fire Marshal
- Procedures in the event of fire
- Practical Fire extinguisher training
The practical fire extinguisher element of Fire Marshal training includes the following elements:
- Identification of types of fire extinguisher
- Discussion of the types of fire that each fire extinguisher should be used for
- Analysis of the main safety and operating features of each type of fire extinguisher
- Methods of operating each type of fire extinguisher
- Practical use of each fire extinguisher
Staff need to receive Fire Marshal training relevant to their role and practical hands-on Fire extinguisher training is vital if staff are expected to use fire extinguishers in the event of a small fire at work.
We recommend Fire Marshal training is repeated regularly and refreshed if circumstances change.
Many staff that join your business may already have had Fire Marshal training from a previous employer, however the quality of training can vary enormously between providers, and many training providers just provide a “one size fits all” approach to safety training. We ensure your staff get a consistent level of training, bespoke to you and we always recommend new staff who you wish to be delegated Fire Marshals should be given new Fire Marshal training no matter the industry they have come from.
All Fire Marshal training we offer is tailored to meet the needs of each client. This means focusing on:
- The fire extinguishers on your site that Fire Marshals will use
- Your policy regarding evacuation and fire drills relevant to Fire Marshal training
- The type of fire hazards on your site
- Your procedures regarding general fire safety relevant to Fire Marshal training
- The role you give to Fire Marshals and others
To experience how our award winning training courses can help keep you, your team and your business Health & Fire Safe, call us on 0800 802 1888 or request a callback from one of our experienced members of staff.