Fire Awareness Training
Ensuring you and your staff have received Fire Awareness training is absolutely critical in order to keep your business safe. It is also a legal requirement under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) order 2005.
Here at MAGG we can deliver our bespoke Fire Awareness training not only in our local areas of Staffordshire, Shropshire, Birmingham, The West Midlands and Wales but also nationwide. Our fully accredited Fire Awareness training course is provided at a place, time and date to suit your needs and will be tailored to suit the unique aspects of your business.
It is vital staff receive Fire Safety training relevant to their role and practical hands-on Fire extinguisher training is critical if staff are expected to use fire extinguishers in the event of a small fire at work.
Many staff that join your business may already have had some fire awareness training from a previous employer, however the quality of training can vary enormously between providers, and many training providers just provide a “one size fits all” approach to safety training. We ensure your staff get a consistent level of training, bespoke to you and we always recommend new staff should be given Fire Awareness training no matter the industry they have come from.
Our Fire Awareness training includes the following elements:
- Relevant legislation.
- The effect of fire on companies
- The chemistry of fire
- Causes of fire
- Fire protection including means of escape
- The role of the staff in the event of fire
- Procedures in the event of fire
- Practical fire extinguisher training
The practical fire extinguisher element of our Fire Awareness training includes the following elements:
- Identification of types of fire extinguisher including colour banding
- Discussion of the types of fire that each fire extinguisher should be used for
- Analysis of the main safety and operating features of each type of fire extinguisher
- Methods of operating each type of fire extinguisher
- Practical use of each fire extinguisher
Our Fire Awareness training will make a vital difference in the event of fire. It offers extra confidence to staff and assists the fire brigade in their duties.
We recommend Fire Awareness training is repeated regularly and refreshed if circumstances change.
All Fire Safety training we offer is tailored to meet the unique requirements of your business. This means focusing on:
- The fire extinguishers on your site
- Your policy regarding evacuation and fire drills
- The type of fire hazards on your site
- Your procedures regarding general fire safety
- The role you give to staff related to fire safety
To experience how our award winning training courses can help keep you, your team and your business Health & Fire Safe, call us on 0800 802 1888 or request a callback from one of our experienced members of staff.